Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Not just Adi, there`s another man in Rani`s life


Mumbai, May 27: For all those who thought that it’s only Aditya Chopra who has a sway over Rani Mukerji, there’s news. The pretty lass has admitted that there’s someone else too who tops her list of favorites and holds a ‘special place’.

But wait, we are not hinting at any romantic link up, Rani’s admiration for this co-actor is nothing but professional. The actress who has had a career spanning 12 years and 40 movies is candid enough to admit that things would not have been the same for her had it not been for Shah Rukh Khan.

Yes, the actress has a soft spot for King Khan. “I was considered a newcomer in ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’, but Shah Rukh never let me feel like one. The treatment he gave in spite of his superstar status then overwhelmed me. I respect his dedication and the extra effort he puts towards his work. I still learn a lot from him,” said the dusky beauty.

In fact the two have acted together in several films, including hits like “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai,” “Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham”, “Chalte Chalte” and “Veer-Zaara”.

They were also seen together in the critically acclaimed offbeat film “Paheli”, which was based on a short story written by Vijayadan Detha.

Interestingly Rani who has been appreciated opposite co-actor of many films Saif Ali Khan did not have that good an opinion about him.

“In my recent film ‘Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic’ it was a good experience working with him. But while doing ‘Hum Tum’ we had some reservations. With time, we get along well and have mutual respect for each other.”

So what about marriage plans?

“You people are too much interested in my marriage. But let me tell you that I don’t have a marriage plan for a long, long time. I want to do a lot of films now and don’t see marriage in the near future.”

No comments: